Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Embracing my inner Maria Von Trapp

So instead of harping on the unknown and scary,let's play a game off listing a few things that made up happy today. Or at least content.

1.checks cleared. I know that is one of those things that one should just expect to have happen but to no longer have to look at the over draft in my account , the guilt that someone might call me for being a bad girl, huge friggin relief.

2.A volunteer job I have had for years has offered me a paying position for doing what I have doing all along. Very sweet complement to come from a not for profit, in this week of all weeks.

3.Because of said job, I will now me eligible for low cost health insurance as of next month.

4. A package of new clothes was brought to me by the UPS man. Even when I give them to myself, I love the Wells Fargo Wagon. Opening the bounty makes me bunny rabbit cheerful. And it was items on super gigantic sale. A basic black dress, cool stripey trousers and a little white tee shirt for a total of 72 bucks. I am God of shopping.

5. I no longer have to make my self like early Ingmar Bergman movies. I get it, he's brilliant, he changed cinema. He's a drag with a mother complex. At least when Woody Allen pulled this stuff the apartments were better looking. Strangely I love allot of his later work. The whole red living room thing with the women in white, dig it . But I can take all of the 50s-60s stuff off the Netflix list. I have nothing to prove anymore.

6. The lunchtime special from the Chinese place of decent. Not over wrought with peanut oil like last time.

7. My compulsively political friend is making her schedule free to come and watch the debates with me tomorrow. She is working on her dissertation, so she has been crazy glued to her desk the last 2 years. Then she got a dog. I wonder what she even looks like now. But she will come tomorrow and obsess with me over every tiny freakish detail . Glee.

8.John Steinbeck. I know he great but he is one of those people you take for granted his greatness because it's just assumed. And then if you are smart enough you pick it up some of his best work and you realise that this man is better than most people walking around is socks. He is totally in love with humanity. I have a new moody brilliant drunk to have a crush on.

9.The drug dealer upstairs ,who I am very found of but have has run ins with, told me today that he has gotten a job with con Ed and is going back to school. To study business organization.

No comments: