Friday, October 17, 2008

Humpty Dumpy

Today we have reached the crappy half way point of a cold. I can't breathe through my nose, stairs are a bad idea, all I have wanted for lunch is juice and Swedish fish. My patience and sense of humour is running low. I am at work right now and told my office mate if I sound snarly with clients ,she has permission to turn it down a notch.

Last night I woke up at 3 am because of desperate need for water and found I couldn't go back to sleep. I stayed for a long while watching a documentary on male gay sex in New York City in the 70s. With pictures and everything. Wasn't even titillated. All I could think about was if tacking poppers make your abs tight. Because as far as these historic images of the bath houses and piers were concerned, there was not a flabby boy in all of Manhattan in the age of disco.

Made me remember this guy I knew back in my actor days in the 80s. One of the many pretty gay gents who taught be to dance and love my cleavage. He told me he loved to have sex when he was sick. He described it as a dirty slow motion experience that killed the boredom of lying around all day. I was kind of disgusted and turned on by his description. Particularly when I found out that he was HIV positive. Made me wonder about how much time he had on his hands to be in bed feeling rotten ,seeking a distraction. I have no idea what happened to him,if he made it. I can't recall his name .Great, now I am sick and old sounding.

Part of my blahness is I made no effort in getting dressed this morning. It was a mostly /shield me from the outside world attire. I caught a glance at my self. I am the princess of dowdy this afternoon. Nothing quite works together. When I go home I have decide if the first thing I am going to do is sack out or change out of these slacks.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sweats. You need to be wearing sweats.