Thursday, October 16, 2008

Affection is bad for you

I can't prove this but my friend Fashion Diva 1# zapped me. She and I attend Quaker meeting together. I love her because she has this quality cheerful outsider. What I mean is she fits the Quaker profile of being ethical,smart,spiritual. She is committed to here beautiful family's well being and happiness. She runs the Sunday school program. But Quakers embrace physical dowdiness like a cloak of power. Most choose their whole wardrobes from thrift shop discount bins and NPR fundraisers. Fashion Diva is a clothing designers. And when she enters the silence , it with gold designer sandals that are to die for.

Anyway she had no voice on Sunday because she had a cold and I did this stupid self indulgent thing of hugging her in sympathy. And my payment for this was this morning I woke up with a killer cold.My throat is ripped up, my joints ache. I have no energy or appetite. But for the strangest reason my hair is very cute today. So God still loves me.

I went out to do daily actions of duty. Went down to my old neighborhood and found that my favorite butcher shop is closed. This place has been in business for almost 50 years. If I was speaking to begin with, I would be speechless. Then coming home I saw this pit bull puppy hanging out with my neighborhood business men. He was that great all limbs and ears age. He was rolling around on the pavement wanting affection and play. His owner kicked him. I then saw that his master was the dealer who lives up stairs from me. Speechless again. As I was opening my front door the dog ran in and licked my leg. I scratched his ear and called him baby. I suspect he will be punished for being such a sap.

I came home , grabbed a cat and went to bed. No one is allowed to ask anything more from me today.

No comments: