Monday, October 20, 2008

In which we find our author wondering if she will ever revive....

It was pointed out to me today by a mother figure who did not give birth to me, that I may in fact have a virus. Most of the sore throat,coughing,sneezing, head made on Spackle textured snot is gone. Now I am just very very tired. I spent most of the day in bed. I don't recall if I actually slept.I think I just lay there seeping into the mattress. I have visions of some tiny vampire like creatures sucking the energy out of my body. Why aren't they doing this on someone in a higher end neighborhood?

There is so much to be done. Marketing my business for one. I have got to start being a sort of door to door salesman for myself. Throwing my business cards at people who still have disposable income. I need to redo the web site. Track down recommendations. I need to get the greys out of my hair, drop 20 pounds so I can be TV friendly. So I can sit on the couch with Matt L in the morning and give chipper advise about ways to look changes we are all facing. "Well the great depression created all sort of wonderful art forms,like gangster movies!"

And some how I got the dates wrong and it's biting me in the ass. In 2 days my parents will be in town for a marathon of doctors appointments for my dad. I want my home to be welcoming and cheerful .Instead I am just aware of hair and lots of little pieces of paper. And some how in late October I got an family of flys that are having a Marti Gra going on in here. Not a flyswatter in all of the upper west side. I should dust, vacuum, kill vermin. I can't. My sitting upright at the moment is the big event of the afternoon. Bending over to plug in the noisy sucky thing will not work.

And don't even get me started on how gross the fridge is. And now I have to worry about having enough supplies for my folks. I have enough for dinners, but they have all these wacky nutrition needs.Like they eat breakfast.What's that about? And they use allot more fluids than I do. I need the house stock piled with orange juice, ginerale,good red wine. All of these things in them selves are reasonable. All I am saying is I would like to have use of an elf, or a man servant, or a Girl Friday, or a house slave,or a whipped spouse for about 48 hours.

i have to play host at my monthly book club in less than 4 hours.It will be easier to put on foundation than charm.

No comments: