Thursday, November 13, 2008

man vs the machine

I am presently waiting for Raul, the prince of computer repair men to call me back .It seems that my computer has caught my flu.It refuses to take in the slightest but of new information.I have cleaned this thing out at least 5 times today and still have had it freeze repeatedly. Too much of my life is being taken away.

Meanwhile the dishwashers timer is moody. It works but not logically. I find hitting random buttons works as well as anything to get the bloody thing started.

Time /Warner cable system seems to be come progressively slower and more annoying as it becomes more jazzy and digital. There are several Chanel's that don't even bother to show up at times. And there is that weird digital freeze thing that happens with the picture for no reason.

This summer at the family cabin I pulled out a pile of Sears catalogs for my nieces when they decided we were all too boring to live with. They were obsessed. At one point one was fixated at the image of a home projector. Yes people made movies and some times tortured their neighbors by showing them. And then the grownups started talking about when the first VCRs came out.The niece was having a fit.She could deal with the lack of DVDs and movies on demand, but that there was no entertainment one could control on the box was beyond comprehension.

Every few months there seems to be a new toy in need of getting. And every few weeks I am just pissed off at them all.

No comments: