Sunday, November 9, 2008

Enough already!

When I was little we went to most wonderful family doctor the world has ever seen. OK, he may have not been that great of a doctor but I think he may have been as fine a person as you could ever come across.First he won my loyalty for not only avoiding criticism of my mother and her career, but actively being interested and supportive of it. He knew she was a feminist and would have conversations with her about Marlyn French novels and politics. This is when we lived in the country and my mom was treated like a leper because of ridiculous idea that a P.H.D might fulfill her more than an herb garden.

He also told my folk that the reason I got sick so much was I hated school. I was too smart for the place, I was miserable, and if I couldn't get out there one way my body was going to help me out the other door. I thought he was a God when he said this. I also hoped that this would help my cause of us moving the hell out of there and back to NYC. Had to wait about 8 years and my parents break up for that .

He also said for my frequent stomach badness I should have Cokes and sucking candies on hand. For that I wanted us to move in with him.

So why the heck am I getting sick so much lately? And in more and more dramatic ways! I don't hate my life. I don't feel out of control. Far from it. From week to week I can say I am getting my act together more and more. I love my work.My friends and community are remarkable. My home is beautiful and comfy. My finances are getting in better and better shape even with the economy. I am almost up to running 3 miles a day. So why the need for repeated violent vomiting sessions?

Louise Hays the New age body connection Goddess talks about the MY TURN connection with colds and illnesses. That in a normal winter most of get ill at some point because everyone else drops at some point,get a little down time, and now you want your turn.I call my parents almost every day and almost every time there is some discussion about their health issues. I say that this doesn't bother me but I am thinking on some level it must. I wonder if on some level my immune system is down because I can't come up with a more original way to get a sense of balance and care coming towards me.
If that is the case, what is a much more pleasant way to do this?

No comments: