Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am the Boss of me

So about a million years ago I took a workshop.I don't know if I can say it's name without being sued but I will just say it rhymed with Borum. It was one of those break you down to build yourself up -EST baby-kind of deals. There was allot of the leader standing in front of the room with a mike yelling at us about our unfulfilled potentials. I recall exercises where you were randomly team with someone else in the group and share something in your life you were struggling with. The guy I was teamed with informed me I would never understand where he was coming from because I clearly read too much.

As much as I can belittle this work , I will say I did get good stuff out of it at the time. The leader was a remarkably gifted woman. But at the end of the long weekend they told us that the next day might possibly be the best of our lives. I tend to be very nervous about such statements. The next day I woke up with the flu complete with a 103 degree temperature. When I told a friend who had also done this work shop at some point in his life about what had happened, he imformed me that I was most stubborn person about her own personal misery he had ever met.

So here we are today with the sprouts of how the world will change potentially for the better.Obama is laying out his cabinet. Friends and family are still giddy with their election night story's. I seemed to have gotten food poisoning on last nights steamed dumplings. A of the day was spent in the fetal shape fighting off the next stomach cramp. Perhaps I should just stop eating food that other people prepare entirely.

I feeling better now but still a little eeh. The problem with being sick most of the day is that one watches too much TV. Which gives one bad ideas. Watching a Gilmore Girls repeat involved those bone shaped women sharing a gigantic order of frys. Now it's all I can think of. This would probably be a sad and pathetic thing to do, have some one bring me fried objects. But I think Obama would be sympathetic.Yes I can!

No comments: