Friday, December 5, 2008

In which our authoress considers if she is fit to live with others

So I take in borders from time to time.Largely to clear some bills, but also to face my hermit issues. I was talking to friend last night who works for the parks department. He feels the fact that he works outside all day in interaction with others prevents him from falling into bad love affairs. He says he meets new people constantly, singles, family's, little kids , dogs. And then when he comes home to lonely apartment , he is blissful with the isolation. He doesn't have a single pang of craving others. His out look is very familiar.

I gratefully and happily take care of others all through out my day in one way or another. When its me time, I wear it like comfy sweater. Its not that I don't want to be with others, I just don't often have that NEEED to be with you people. When I do get that view of desperation for company, I start looking at what is missing in my larger life issues.

So I have this border right now who is perfectly pleasant. He is a friend of a friend, a tenor in town for the month for auditions and such. But he is getting to me. First of all its that recollection of what it is like to be with theater people. His personality is looming. He needs to be seen as entertaining and knowledgeable at all times. He seems until noon. I wake up 7ish now I am a grownup. This means I tip toe around my place half the day not wanting to disturb him. He does not go out much because he doesn't have much money. So he stays in his room and watches TV. It makes me self conscious. He turns on all the lights and then forgets to turn them off. He leaves my favorite coffee cups at the edges of bookshelves and tables, waiting for gravity to smash them into a million bits.

Am I sure I am ready to date again and have to potentially share my cave?

No comments: